Saturday, January 31, 2015

My Current Skin Care Routine


Happy Saturday Beauties, 

Someone asked me to share my current skin care routine and as you can see I am not a loyal to one specific brand. Believe it or not, a couple of years ago when I first had the girls (twins) I totally neglected my skin and my routine was non-existent. I got away with it then. Then about two and half years later, I had my son, and once he turned three months old I started getting all types of hormonal breakouts on my chin, the sides of my face, forehead, etc. So this is when I had to incorporate foundation in order to cover up all of my dark spots. I then did some research on skin care and found some ideas on how to eliminate acne. So below you will find the steps I take for my current skin care routine

  Now, I used to sell Mary Kay and I still have a couple of old items that I still use, which you can tell from the packaging, lol. But they still work so, why not?

Step 1: Make-Up Remover Towlettes - I am currently using The Forever Young Cucumber 30-Count Facial Make-Up Wipes ($12.03 @ Overstock). However I bought these at T.J. Maxx for $1.99. This is why I rummage through the T.J. Maxx and Marshall beauty sections, because you will find great things.  This is my first step because I remove all of the make-up before cleansing my face.  


Step 2: Cleansing – I am currently using the Cetaphil Cleanser ($15.98), because it is gentle and I exfoliate my skin by using the Diva Darling ($6.75 @ Amazon).  However, I purchased the one below from Marshalls (and please excuse the stain from my foundation). I love this cloth. It is a micro-fiber cloth that really exfoliates the skin. When I first bought it I was skeptical, but after using it I was extremely impressed.  If you don't want to go out and find this or purchase it online, you can just purchase a brand new micro-fiber cloth (that you clean with) and only use it on your face and you will receive the same results.  



Step 3: Mask (once a week) - Formula 10.0.6 Pores Be Pure Skin-Clarifying Mud Mask , $5.99
Pores Be Pure is a skin-refining mask with berry boosters that work on clogged pores. The strawberry and rosemary within the formula help to eliminate impurities, while the yarrow clarifies skin for instant complexion perfection.  This is a great mask for the price it smells like strawberries. It makes my skin feel really clean.  I found this at my local Ulta.


Step 4: Toner - I use the Neutrogena Alcohol-Free Toner ($7.99), and I use this just to remove the remaining traces of foundation that may still be on my face, however, ever since I started using the Diva Darling Diva Dryer on my face I haven't been seeing any remaining traces of make-up which is great. The purpose of toner is to gently remove impurities while maintaining the natural moisture of the skin since it is alcohol free.   Ever since I incorporated a toner into my routine I have seen less breakouts. 

Step 5: Eye Cream - I am currently using the MaryKay Eye Firming Cream ($32.00) and when I don't use it I can tell the difference in my under eye area because there are more lines and creases. This eye cream work really well.  It is now called the Time Wise Eye Firming Cream. I guess you can tell how old this is because of the packaging. 

Step 6: Serum - Clinique Even Better Clinical Dark Spot Corrector ($47.50 @ Amazon)
I believe this is $49.50 on the Clinique website, however I purchased this bottle from the Cosmetics Company from the Tanger Outlet's at the National Harbor for $37.50.  I don't mind paying this amount for dark spot corrector's because my dark spots used to be really bad.  Therefore, this stuff really works. It works better than the StriVectin-EV Get Even Brightening Serum in my opinion (that is what I had before Clinique).  I don't have any before or after pics but after using this Clinique for a month I saw a big difference in my hyper-pigmentation.  It's a great formula and I highly recommend it. I am currently running low and getting sad about it :(


Step 7: Moisturize - After I let the Clinique dark spot corrector dry I then apply my Mary Kay Enriched Moisturizer Formula ($18.00) 1 (The Formula 1 in Mary Kay is for dry skin). I love this moisturizer because it is really lightweight even though its for dry skin.  


Step 8 (Finally!): Primer (before I apply my foundation in the morning) - The Benefit POREfessional Primer, $31.00. 
I bought this for my wedding day make up so that my foundation would go on smoothly and last all day and this definitely did the trick.  The packaging states that is minimizes the appearance of pores. When I put this on it my skin feels like velvet.  

That's it, not much right? 

Here is my face after following the steps above.  


As you can see I still have a dark spot that I am working on, on my forehead, and this came from me picking at a bump. Why did I do that? I don't know. The next one I get I'm going to try my best not to pick it.  

Let me know what your must haves are within your current skin care routine. I would love to know. 

Thanks for reading!!!

Courtney :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment